Monday, May 22, 2006

philly, you dirty whore, i love you.




I went to Philadelphia for the weekend. Stepping back into my messy Chinatown apartment, I felt as if I had just had my ass kicked by a posse of ninjas. It was a good weekend.

Here’s a list of things I did:
• Went to Dirty Franks with Dana, Sue, and Jasen
• Went to the trashy titty bar and had strippers give ME money with their teeth in my bra. Heh.
• Went to the fabulous Oregon diner and had the most unhealthy breakfast possible
• Went to the Philly zoo and got stoned and saw an elephant go crazy
• Went to Ruth and Joey’s place for a party and had a blast
• Went and got smashed at gay bars with my boys

Somewhere in between all of this, I met with my husband and we signed our divorce papers over whiskey at a corner bar. Afterwards, I felt just as happy as I did on the day that we got married. It was a new beginning and I had so much to look forward to. I also realized that though sometimes I go out for one drink on Thursday and don’t come home until Saturday, I am capable of making good decisions for myself. Getting married to my ex was not a mistake at all, but getting divorced was, by far, a great decision for the both of us. I will be celebrating my new divorce next in 10 days with the entire male population of Reykjavik. Hurray for divorce!

So, overall, the trip to Philly was fantastic. I was ready to be back in NY but I definitely appreciated the trees, the saturated fat, the cheap alcohol, and all of my amazing friends. I have pictures on my Flickr which might be more interesting than this blog entry.

My mom is coming on Wednesday so now I have to clean up, do laundry, make up for lost time with my vibrator, buy healthy food so she doesn’t realize that I have the diet of a billy goat (other than that 400 pounds I have gained since I last saw her), and formulate a mother/daughter quality spending time itinerary. Ok, so I’m going to get started now….where are my batteries?
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Camille Acey said...

congrats on your divorce, my sweet. i've fallen off the wagon but i'm getting back on this instant.
I miss you!

8:44 PM  
Blogger jackie boom boom said...

i'm going on the wagon too! well, i'm going to hit the gym, not drink beer, and eat healthier. that seems easier considering i can still have whiskey and cigarettes.

9:37 PM  
Blogger rickgo said...

i really love how the oregon diner sign has about 85 different fonts,all having nothing to do with the other.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters