Friday, June 02, 2006

Farewell, beautiful land of constant sunshine and $20 beers...


My last night in Iceland was wonderful. We had a few drinks in the really cool bar that Damon Albarn (Blur) owns. I ran into this Icelandic girl that I met in New York, which was funny. After drinks, Ingi and I walked to the water and it was miserably cold. We pretended like it was summer time and ate Icelandic cheese puffs and talked about puffins and the big problem Iceland has with child rape. I wish I could have stayed longer but I don't think I could stand another night of not sleeping or another night of spending waaaay too much money for alcohol.
My departure was bittersweet. We decided to stay up all night because I had to leave for the airport at 5am. Sounds like a good idea, right? Wrong. Imagine lugging 150 lbs of luggage onto the London tube while fighting to stay awake while standing up! This was my reality today. However, I arrived to my London house to be pleasantly surprised. The location is ideal and the place is just huge and gorgeous. I still haven't slept and I am toying with the idea of going out on the lash tonight just cause I'm here. Ah yes, I am the queen of good ideas.
Well, just keeping everyone posted. I am too tired for wit at the moment.
xox

1 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

you are who i look to for all my best ideas. new york isnt the same without you, camille and i were reduced to watching cartoons on friday night! loving the blog and dying to know how the bland fish dishes were. ;-)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters