Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Brooklyn, Baby

There comes a time in many a New Yorker's life that they make "the transition." I am not speaking of a transition into lunacy or a state of constant emotionless routine. I am speaking of the transition from self-righteously located Manhattanite to self-righteously humble Brooklyner.

Ross and I jumped the bridge and now reside in Bushwick. For those of you who don't know where that is, Bushwick is one stop on the JMZ subway before the Land of Narnia. My leisurely walks through the Chinatown market to my midtown penthouse office (always gotta make myself look better than i am, by the way) are over. Now, I sit on the subway and transfer (yes, I said it, TRANSFER) to another subway in a commute that totals an hour. I get off the subway reaking of common. I have to update my iPod playlist every other day because I've heard every song a million fucking times due to my epic commute every morning.

However, there is a good part. The place is massive. We don't have curtains yet, but when we do, we can walk around the apartment naked (you love picturing that, don't you, mom?). We can play music as loud as we want to. Ross can lay on the floor and with his arms outstretched (this seems like something pointless but he does it quite often and it is a great source of pleasure for him).

The neighborhood is a bit ghetto but I am growing to love it. This past weekend, I got a manicure, pedicure, massage and eyebrow wax for $30. Total. The fact that I will probably get robbed once a week will be offset by the huge savings I am getting through the reduced salon prices and 25 cent bags of Doritos (thats right).

Don't worry, friends. We will still be in Manhattan frequently at all our favorite haunts. Just be sure to give us a few days in a advance when you want to meet up.

x

2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

you gotta milk that "you know who your real friends are when you move to Bushwick" joke next time you get onstage.

2:43 PM  
Blogger gt281 said...

are you related to .38??
prehaps now in the same chinese
checkers bldg..
must be twins, or do all NYCers have the same writing style, is it required by the housing authority??...i like it....

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters